TCL, the world’s third largest TV manufacturer, is looking for a talented and enthusiastic design student or graduate for a 6 month full-time paid industrial design internship.
With it’s headquarters in Shenzen, China, TCL designs, manufactures and markets an expanding portfolio of TV Multimedia, Communications, Home Appliances and Consumer Electronics worldwide under different key brands such as Alcatel, Thomson, Palm among others. To find out more about what they do click here.
It’s a great opportunity to gain paid design experience working for a renowned international company.
If you’re interested in applying take a look at the information here:
This 6-month full time paid industrial design internship program consists of a fun, challenging, and fast-paced work experience in an international environment. We are looking for talented, enthusiastic, and motivated students or fresh graduated designers with creative minds and passion for consumer electronic.
You will be an integral part of our team, involved in every part of the process including design research, concept sketching and ideation, model making, CAD modeling, and rendering. The internship will make you a better designer as well as will improve your skills. You will gain a solid understanding of what it takes to bring new products into production.
- Fast sketch ideation, ability to communicate ideas on paper.
- 3D modeling skills. Ideally using Rhino or similar.
- 3D renderings in Keyshot or similar
- Participating in team brainstorms to identify exciting new product ideas
- Researching product categories and participating in user observation
- Making foam mock-ups and rough prototypes
- English writing and speaking is necessary
- Good presentation skills
- Return air ticket.
- Chinese Visa, cost and handling.
- Housing, company provides a house to be shared with other interns.
- Internship wage.
- The chance to gain full time employment.
How to Apply:
Resumes must be accompanied by sample portfolios in PDF format or include links to online portfolios in order to be considered for this position. Please send your portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org